Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sugarpill Black and Purple Smokey Eye - Look with Tutorial

Hello! Sorry that I've been away for so long. I didn't have a camera for weeks. I was using a borrowed camera to take photos with, but the owner needed it. Luckily my family was awesome enough to get me a Canon EOS1100D for my birthday so I'm sorted now! I'm still terrible at photography but I'm working on it.

So my friend and Starcraft 2 team mate Michelle (MsCupcake) asked me to do a purple and black look for her. She said that when she tries it looks like someone punched her in the eye. Here's a tutorial to see if we can avoid that in future! :D

Product list can be found below the tutorial.

Step 1

Prime the eye. I used Essence's 'I Love Stage' primer, followed by NYX white eyeshadow base.  Don't forget to prime below the eye too, since shadow will be applied here.



Step 2

Apply purple shadow all over the lid. I used Sugarpill's '2am' 




Step 3

Apply black shadow to the outer V and crease. I used Sugarpill's 'Bulletproof'




Step 4


Blend the black up and out. Keep blending until the lines are gone and you get a smokey effect. Also blend it into the purple on the lid.




Step 5

Blend a little pink above the black. I used Sugarpill's 'Dollipop'.




Step 6

Apply white shadow to the brow bone and blend it with the pink. I used Sugarpill's 'Tako'. Also apply white to the inner corner of the eye. Then apply pink or purple liner to the lower lash line. Set this with purple shadow, and put some black shadow on the outer part of the lower lid. Blend these colours together.




Step 7

Line the waterline and upper lash line with black.



Step 8

Finish the look by curling the lashes and applying  mascara, I used Maybelline Falsies. Also fill in your brows, it gives the eye area more definition. I used Essence's Eyebrow Designer pencil and a dark brown shadow to do this.




I hope you found this tutorial helpful! If anyone has a look request, post a comment below and I will try to come up with a tutorial for you. The same goes if you have any questions about this look. Thanks for reading!

Product List:

Eyes:

Essence Eyeshadow Primer - 'I Love Stage'
NYX White Eyeshadow Base
Sugarpill Eyeshadow - '2am', 'Bulletproof' and 'Tako'
ELF Kohl Pencil
Maybelline Master Precise Eyeliner
Maybelline Falsies Mascara

Eyebrows:

Essence Eyebrow Designer - Brown
Sleek Au Natural Palette - 'Bark'

No comments:

Post a Comment