Friday, October 19, 2012

Review with Look - Revlon Colorstay quad - 565 Bombshell

Hello!
I was in town recently and I walked past H&M. In the window there were a lot of pale yellow, grey and black clothes, and I admired how nicely the colours went together. I was on my way to Boots to have a browse, and ended up getting a couple of eyeshadow palettes. One was the Lid Stuff quad that I reviewed the other day. When choosing the other palette, I remembered the Revlon Custom Eyes palette I reviewed some time ago, and how I had meant to check out their Colorstay quads.

There were some lovely colour combinations, it was hard to choose! Goddess, Precocious and Enchanted were some that I remember admiring. Then I saw Bombshell, which was the same colour scheme as the clothes I saw in the window of H&M! I thought it would be nice to do a look with these colours. I don't know much about fashion and trends to be honest, but I think it's kind of cool to coordinate makeup and clothing colours together sometimes. So, maybe someone with the same ideas as me would find this look useful. These quads were priced at €11.20 at Boots.
It's new!
Look idea on the back

The Bombshell quad contains a satin white, a light shimmery silver grey, a dark matte grey, and a pale matte yellow. Like the Revlon Custom Eyes palette I have, there is a look idea on the back. I didn't follow it this time though! I felt like it didn't feature the yellow as much as I would like, and also it is too similar to the way I did the Lid Stuff look that I posted a couple of days ago. So I did it my own way instead! I'll show you that soon, but first, swatches!



These shadows don't have names either :( They're swatched over NXY Milk. I can't find my NXY White base, the cats swiped it underneath something or behind something I think. Damn them!



Sorry about my eyebrows again, lol. They look fine until I put the ring light on my camera, I'll take care of them soon. So for this look I wanted the yellow to be quite prominent, so I placed it in the center. This one's quite hard to apply. You have to really pack it on to make it show up strong. I then placed the dark grey on the inner and outer corners of the eye. I used the light grey to blend the transition between the yellow and dark grey. The shimmer in this grey adds a slight lift to the upper lid. I mirrored this colour placement on the lower lid too, and highlighted the brow bone and inner corner with the palest shadow. I finished the look by lining the upper and lower lash line with black, and applying black mascara. I applied a blue based pink lipstick too, which went really nicely. I didn't photograph it though, my lips aren't in the best condition right now since my Body Shop lip scrub suffered the same fate as my NYX base :( These shadows are meant to last on for sixteen hours. I wore mine for about ten hours, and they lasted very well. Here are a couple more pictures of the look.





Overall I like this palette. I'll certainly be using it more. I like quad palettes in general, they're so handy for popping your handbag or taking on trips with you. They're very reasonably priced too, four shadows for €11.20 is a sweet deal! Also it was technically free for me since I got it as part of a 2 for 3 offer. Hooray!

Other products used:

Essence 'I Love Stage' primer
NXY Jumbo Pencil - Milk
Maybelline Master Precise liner
Anonymous black kohl pencil
Maybelline Falsies Mascara
Essence Eyebrow Stylist Set

2 comments: