Friday, October 26, 2012

Review with Look - Too Faced Shadow Insurance

This post is pretty late, sorry about that! I got TFSI last week, I was so happy when it came in the mail! I've been in need of a new eye primer and I've heard a lot about it. I was using Essence's 'I Love Stage' primer, but with long wear it caused creasing on the inner part of the eye for me. My sister uses it too and doesn't have this problem, so perhaps it depends on eye shape. It's definitely the best eye primer I've found for less than €5 though! It served me quite well while I searched for a new one. This is what the TFSI packaging looks like:
I dig the packaging, it's lovely!
This is the 'Original' TFSI primer. I ordered it from http://www.beautybay.com, and it was priced at €21.21. There are four other TFSI primers available, with different effects. They are all available on Beauty Bay, and more information on them can be found here on the Too Faced site: https://www.toofaced.com/c-111-primer.aspx. I applied it sparingly all over my lids, brow bone and lower lids, then applied shadow! The shadow went on smoothly over the primer, and didn't hinder blending. Here's the look I did:
I wore this in my FOTD #1 last week. It was inspired by one of Marayam's looks http://www.maryammaquillage.com/2012/10/daytime-smokey-with-missha-ud-naked-2.html. I didn't try to recreate it because I was stuck for time. I just remembered that the look was pretty and tried to do something similar! I toned my look down a bit though, I didn't add lashes or extend the shadow as much as Marayam. I also added thick brown liner to my top lash line, just because I thought it would look nice. I'll put a full product list at the end of the post. First let's have a look at the staying power of TFSI. Check out this picture taken five hours later:
It looks exactly the same as when it was applied! Really impressed so far! I tested it even further. This picture was taken twelve hours after application:
I'm sorry that the picture is a little blurry. The shadow has stayed incredibly well for twelve whole hours! No creasing or smudging either. As I said earlier I had problems with creasing on the inner third of the eye when using the Essence primer. TFSI protected against that extremely well! I can't compare it to another high end primer, this is the first one I've had, but I am very impressed with it. I would happily recommend this primer to anyone, it was worth every cent!

Products used in eye look:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Urban Decay Naked 2 palette - Suspect, YDK, Tease, Blackout, Verve, Foxy.
GOSH Cosmetics Long Lasting Eyeliner Pen - Brown
Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Liner - Bronze
Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara - Black Brown
Essence Eyebrow Stylist Set

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous look! I love this primer :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this primer too. I have tried UD's Primer Potion and I don't know what it was - but it just didn't work well with my skin. But the TFSI works wonderfully and it's a repurchase for me =)

    BTW, I love the eye look! I'm a neutrals fiend =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried UDPP but I don't remember, it was years ago. TFSI is fab though! I have a tester sized UDPP so I'll give it a go when my TFSI tube is gone :) I'm glad you like the look, thanks a lot! <3

      Delete