Monday, October 29, 2012

Zombie Makeup

Hey everyone! I've been busy the last few days preparing for yesterday's Zombie Walk. If you're unaware, a Zombie Walk is just what it sounds like. People dress up like zombies and walk around their city. Often they will use the event to collect for a charity. Our charity collection was for Cork Dog Action Welfare Group (DAWG). They rescue abandoned and abused dogs, and their site can be found here http://www.dogactionwelfaregroup.ie/. I wanted to share a few pics of the makeup I wore for the walk ^_^ I had such a blast with this makeup, I think I'll be doing more stuff like this in the future. It's so much fun to do and wear!
Guh?
The makeup was heavily inspired by a piece of Durga Usagi's work, here's the 'making of' youtube video for it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KdJJs9CH5I. I highly recommend you check it out! If you like what you see on her youtube channel, certainly have a look at her website http://underbluelightsmakeup.com/. There's all sorts of amazing stuff there! :)
Braaaaaaains
I couldn't get the Wolfe FX Skinz palette Durga uses in time for the Zombie Walk, I used Snazaroo face paints instead. I'll add a product list at the end! I used Sugarpill shadows around the eyes, green and black lashes and mismatched coloured contact lenses. I was going to wear two pink lenses but I tore one of them so I mismatched instead. I think it looks even better! I really suck at applying lashes, I'm still getting the hang of them!
My look isn't perfect, but I think I did okay considering I've never really worked with face paints before this weekend! I had so much fun with this. I was expecting it to be a lot of work and not that much fun to be honest, since it takes quite a long time, but I loved every minute of doing this look. Unfortunately the day of the Zombie Walk my time management wasn't so good, so I didn't get to add pink blood like I wanted to. I was going to use a mix of face paint and lip gloss to do it! Jangsara did something cool like this using liquid latex and lip gloss on her blog recently, here's the post http://jangsara.blogspot.fi/2012/10/halloween-tutorial-pink-tears.html. I wanted to get fuzzy ear muffs too and be a super cute zombie. Everyone else on the walk was a gore zombie, I looked like a cartoon next to them! It was a lot of fun though, everyone should attend their local zombie walk!

I'll be staying in face paint mode for much of this week, since Dia de los Muertos is also this week and I want to do a sugar skull for that. I'd like to work out something really fancy for it so hopefully I'll come up with an awesome design! I've never done a sugar skull before so I'm looking forward to it. See you guys soon ~_^

Products used:

Lenses:

EOS New Adult - Pink
EOS Ice Green

I buy my lenses from http://www.honeycolor.com/

Face:

Snazaroo Classic Colours - Light Grey, Black, White

Eyes:

Sugarpill eyeshadow- Dollipop, Bulletproof
NYC Liquid Liner - Black
NYX Jumbo Pencil - White

Lashes:

Kiss Eyelusions Couture Lash Bar Collection - Mystére

2 comments: