Friday, November 30, 2012

Review and FOTD #4 - Sleek Respect

Hello!

I recently picked up the Sleek PPQ Shangri-la collection. It consists of two eyeshadow palettes, 'Supreme' and 'Respect'. Today I'm reviewing only the 'Respect' palette. Also included in the collection are both 'Truly Mattely Deeply' matte lip colours, 'Jazz' and 'Soul'. I've tried using them but my lips are in bad condition and I can't pull off mattes right now :( I have the dry, flaky lips of a corpse. I'm taking a few days to get them in better shape before I review. The whole collection is priced at €25, which is a bargain. Great gift idea for a family member or friend too! You can have a look at it on the Sleek site here http://www.sleekmakeup.com/ppq-collection-complete. This is Respect:


Outer Box
Palette
Shadows!

The outer packaging is lovely on this one. Sleek recently changed the look of their i-Divine palettes, they made their logo smaller and it looks much tidier. Unlike the other palettes I have, this one has gold writing on it too. Perhaps because it's limited edition but I'm not sure! Here are some swatches:


Gladys White, James Brown, Shalamar, Count Basi Beige, Aretha Orange, Otis Red
Roberta Black, Vandellas, Cameo Cream, Motown Mink, O'Jays, New Jack Pink

Some of the lighter colours don't show up all that well on my skin, I'm very pale. The shadows are good quality, typical of Sleek palettes. 'Respect' contains mostly warm colours, some matte, some satin and some shimmery.There's a great range of colour combinations here, you can make a ton of different looks with this. Here's one that I did!



I used 'Count Basi Beige', 'Aretha Orange' and 'O'jays' on the lid. I blended up towards the brow with 'New Jack Pink' and 'Gladys White' above that. On the brow bone and inner corner I added some of The Body Needs loose shadow in 'Iced Red'. The shadows are really nice to work with, they blend great and the colour payoff is good! I like this palette, there are some unique shades and an endless range of looks you can create. I think this color scheme in this palette would look particularly awesome on darker skin tones! Here's how I finished the look:


I stuck with warm colours for the lips and blush too. I entered this look in the 'Bright' category for Viola's Maddstyle contest which I mentioned before, you can read about it here: http://rodeo.net/killercolours/2012/11/03/contest-neutral-or-bright-win-prices-from-maddstyle-cosmetics/. I'll leave you with a couple more photos and a full product list. See you soon for the 'Supreme' palette review!






Products used:

Face:

Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer
Maybelline Fit Me Foundation - 120 Classy Ivory
Revlon Colorstay Foundation - Ivory
Revlon Colorstay Under Eye Concealer
Maybelline Cover Stick - Ivory
Inglot Shader/Highlighter duo
The Body Needs Blush - Peaches 'n' Cream

Eyes:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Sleek Respect palette - Count Basi Beige, Aretha Orange, Ojays, New Jack Pink, Gladys White
The Body Needs shadow - Iced Red
NYX Studio Liquid Liner - Extreme Coffee
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil - Demolition
Max Factor 2000 Calorie Dramatic Volume Mascara - Black Brown

Eyebrows:

Essence Eyebrow Designer Pencil - Brown

Lips:

Revlon Lip Butter - Peach Parfait



No comments:

Post a Comment