Saturday, December 29, 2012

This Week's Nails #13 - Jack Frost/Black is Back

Hey there! It's been a while, I've been crazy busy for weeks and had zero time, but I'm back to regular posting now. I hope your Christmas was as awesome as mine! I got some great gifts that I will review in the not too distant future :) Here is the manicure I did today:


I layered Models Own 'Jack Frost' from the Winter Wonderland collection over Essence's 'Black is Back'. I saw this combination somewhere before and I had to try it for myself, it's so pretty! 'Black is Back' is a nice black creme, opaque in two coats.


'Jack Frost' is a pretty glitter containing a myriad of blue and purple hues. I don't care for it much alone since it's quite sheer, but layered over other colours it looks great! The formula is SUPER thick and goopy, you need to scrape a ton of polish off the brush before you apply it or it will refuse to dry. This is the second time I've done this manicure on myself, the first time was quite bad since I layered 'Jack Frost' too thick and it ended up smudging really bad later on. Also, this glitter absolutely demolishes topcoat. It's a bit silly! I applied three layers of a topcoat here, two of 'normal' consistency and one very thick one. For about an hour or so my nails felt smooth, but now they feel rough again. I love the colours in the glitter but the particles have such beautiful dimension when they're smoothed and glossy, and it's a shame that's so hard to maintain that wet look. I took a blurred picture of this manicure too, to show off the glitter some more:


I'll leave it at that, but I'll be back again soon. Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

  1. Love the nails. Those colors look great together. Perfect look for the New Years Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Color combination is perfect!

    -your newest follower,
    http://www.hautedare.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I followed you back, nice blog! <3

      Delete
  3. I've nominated you for a Liebster Blogger Award!! Check it out here <3 http://www.hautedare.com/2013/01/liebster-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been nominated for that before and I still haven't got around to doing the post yet, laame! lol

      Delete
  4. I love the Jack Frost nail polish in this post! So gorgeous. And the dark blue is really pretty as well!

    giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a new manicure last night and I miss this one a little now, haha :)

      Delete