Monday, February 18, 2013

MUA Glitterball Palette Review, Swatches and Look (with Sugarpill too!)

Hey!

Here's the review I threatened you with! I made an order from MUA a couple of weeks ago. Among the items I purchased, I got the Glitterball palette. It was only £4! Definitely check out the site here, your money goes so far it's actually hard to believe. Let's take a look at Glitterball!


Stop giving us these crappy sponge shadow brushes, nobody wants them >:(



For your £4, you get twelve soft, shimmery, well pigmented shadows. After swatching them, I couldn't believe how cheap they are, check it out.





You have to build them up a bit and you would definitely need a primer, but look at them! From these swatches you could easily mistake them for a high end brand. Some of the shades in this palette remind me of some Urban Decay shadows! The quality isn't high end, but it's very good especially considering the price. They perform incredibly well. These shadows apply nicely, they're very buildable and blend easily too. I didn't have much problem with fallout either. There was some, but not a great deal. Here's the look I came up with.



I'm not done with my colourful phase, but definitely excited to use some shimmer for the first time in a little while! I paired a couple of Glitterball's lovely shimmery shades with some matte Sugarpill shadows to create this look. I went light on the liner and kept it looking pretty soft. I filled in my super scruffy brows with shadow instead of pencil so as to not overpower the rest of the eye makeup. I am super impressed with this palette. What you get for your money is unreal, I can't wait until my new spending ban is lifted and I can get some more of their stuff. Here's one more photo and a product list, see you soon!



Products used:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
Sugarpill - Mochi, Tako
Essence Kajal Pencil - Tu-Tu-Turquoise
Rimmel Scandal Eyes Kohl - Nude
Maybelline Falsies Mascara
Catrice Gel Liner - It's Mambo No. 2
MUA Glitterball shadows used:



6 comments:

  1. I loove the look you created its so pretty, I have this palette too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3
      Yeah this palette is awesome, crazy good value for money!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty eye look, I've never tried a MUA palette I really need to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give them a go! There's a lovely one with pastel shades that I'm looking to get next :D
      I found this stating that they're cruelty free too http://www.muastore.co.uk/ingredients

      Hooray! \o/

      Delete
  3. Wow I always walk past this palette but I really like this one after seeing your post! Think I'm gonna have to pick it up =)

    http://3girlsblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should! It's a nice little palette, can't go wrong for £4!

      Delete