Thursday, March 7, 2013

This Week's Nails #18 - Essence St. Patrick's Day Shatter Nails

Hey guys!

Sorry I've been AWOL again, I've been busy working on some projects. I've been getting some more time for print and unpaid work and I'm so happy! They've been loads of fun and I'm meeting lots of new people and gaining tons of experience.

I've done my nails three times this week. I got some stamping plates, so I've been messing with those. They're a bit tricky to use but I'll keep it up and be pro in no time :D I didn't photograph those manicures, they were cool to me because they were stamped but they were pitifully done!
My latest manicure is another shatter one, I can't get enough of them. I was in town recently and saw the Essence 'Oz the Great and Powerful' collection. There are five shatter colours in it! I got them all..They cost about €12 total and they're really awesome so it was well worth it! I'll do another post soon with swatches from them all so you can have a look.

I've seen some St. Patrick's Day manicure's around. Some of them are pretty cool, but most just don't appeal to me! Paddy's day isn't a big deal to me despite living in Ireland, so while I like the colour theme I'm not so fond of the leprechauns, pots of gold and flag colours. I wanted to do a themed manicure for this holiday but a more understated one, so I topped Essence's 'Walk on the Wild Side' with their 'Master of Illusion' shatter topcoat. I love the result!





'Master of Illusion' is a pretty colour. I'd call it jade green, but I've seen others call it aqua or turquoise. It is a little on the blue toned side. 'Walk on the Wild Side' is a deep green with grass green shimmer. The shimmer isn't that visible in this manicure though. Here's what I used, see you soon!

Products used:

Sally Hansen Double Duty Base/Topcoat
Essence - Walk on the Wild Side, Master of Illusion
Seche Vite Dry Fast Topcoat

8 comments:

  1. Oooh pretty! I hope they have the Oz collection in my penneys. The trailer of that film looks cool :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the trailer! I'm not fond of the rest of the Oz collection to be honest, nothing but the crackle polishes appealed to me. There's a lovely royal blue crackle too, it's gorgeous.

      I haven't forgotten about your message btw! Just been too swamped to write a big reply :(

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! <3
      I love this crackle collection, there are some really nice ones!

      Delete
  3. Great mani! I'm a new follower, would love if you would please follow me back on my blog: http://myprettynailz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you care if I post part of this on my webpage if I post a link back to this site?
    jeux de tir

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow the shatter actually looks cool! I always imagine it'll look really patchy and untidy haha

    Would love for you to check out my blog
    notanobession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete